Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Better Angels of Our Nature: Responding to Arizona's Immigration Law

Mr. Alexander, one of my concerns in this piece is civil rights. Specifically, as a U.S. citizen I am concerned about my own civil rights and the civil rights of other Hispanics like me who will be profiled under this bill. I am not talking about the Middle East in this post. I am talking about the United States of America and my concern about my civil rights in the U.S.A. as a U.S. citizen. If you read the entry for civil rights under the Merriam-Webster online dictionary you will see exactly what I am talking about.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/civil+rights

Main Entry: civil rights
Function: noun plural
Date: 1658

: the nonpolitical rights of a citizen; especially : the rights of personal liberty guaranteed to United States citizens by the 13th and 14th amendments to the Constitution and by acts of Congress
About Civil Rights
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment