Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Q&A with Nilki Benitez from Condor Book Tours

My interview with Nilki Benitez from Condor Book Tours is now live!  Check it out.  Here's a preview.

You have so many incredible projects going on--how do you keep yourself on track, organized and coherent so that your energy is well-directed and productive?  
Thank you Nilki!  I try to contribute my grain of sand.  I was raised by a phenomenal mother who did it all.  By trade she was a school teacher.  When she came to this country she worked her way up from the mail room to the purchasing department in a Fortune 100 company; and then when she came home each night she took care of her two daughters and her very traditional though ideologically progressive Latino man.  Folks always wondered where she got all the energy to do everything she did.  I guess I'm lucky in that I've taken after her in that way.  What keeps me on track, organized and coherent so that my energy is well-directed and productive is keeping my eye on the prize and not sweating the small stuff.  Whenever I find myself going off track, I just remember why I do the work I do and then it all seems to fall into place, almost magically.   I recently came across the following quote by Thomas Jefferson and it rings pretty true to me, "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."  I work hard and try and work smart. 
Read the rest of the interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment