Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Join Me for Three Sessions at SXSW 2010


In a few hours I am heading to one of the biggest technology conferences of the year - SXSW Interactive.  I was invited to speak at the conference last year and after my presentation was truly overwhelmed with the number of panels offered in the remaining days I spent in Austin, Texas.  So this year, I am prepared.  I anticipate drinking a lot of water, sleeping as much as I can (as I crash at one of my good friends homes) and squeezing in as many panels and quality time with thought leaders in the interactive field as humanly possible.  Are you going to be there?  If so, let's meet up!  If you are on twitter, tweet me.  My handle is
@KetyE.

I am speaking/participating in three sessions this year.  The first is a panel organized by Jeffrey Bowman (a partner at Ogilvy & Mather's Consulting Practice) which is happening at the Blacks in Technology Meetup at the Carver Museum http://bit.ly/9gcu6E.  It is open to both badge holders and locals without badges alike.  My fellow panelists include musician and 'new media pioneer' Ryan Leslie; the founder of the digital strategic consulting firm Everywhere James Andrews; and blogger and social media maven Nichelle Stephens.  


The second session is happening at the conference itself.  It is a part of the Interactive Future 15 Greater Good Series.  The topic, "Is Technology the Great Equalizer?"
http://bit.ly/bvFiYI.  Its on Sunday, March 14 at 3:30 PM in room 9ABC at the convention center.  This session is only for participants of SXSW (only open to folks with SXSWi badges). 


The third session is happening at the first ever Latinos in Technology Meetup at SXSW which I have organized with the help of
Julie Diaz-Asper, Marisa Treviño, Deanne Cuellar, Maribel Lackey, Manuel Delgado, Fernando Labastida, Rob Garcia, Romeo and Armando Arayo.  It is also on Sunday at 6pm.  It is a panel at the Carver Museum http://bit.ly/9ffSbO which will be followed by a salsa social/networking event. Both badge holders and locals without badges are welcome. Dancing is not required, but encouraged.  RSVP here: http://bit.ly/9ffSbO.

If you are in Austin, Texas on these days, I hope to see you at one if not all three of these events!

No comments:

Post a Comment